Everyone loves eating watermelon for the myriad of benefits it offers. Red, watery, fleshy, sweet, and refreshing, this fruit is not just good for health, but also for your skin and hair. What is it about watermelon that it ranks among the top fruits recommended for skin care?
Well, for starters, watermelon contains essential vitamins and nutrients along with a special component called lycopene which helps in removing free radicals from your skin, thus preventing skin damage.
You can consume watermelon on a daily basis to avail its amazing benefits or even include it in your skin & hair care routine in the form of face masks, cleansers, hair masks, or conditioner. Having said that, have you ever wondered what it would be like to use a watermelon face cleanser for beautiful, glowing skin? And, the best part is that you can make your very own watermelon cleanser at home too.
But, before we begin with the recipe to make one, here is a list of benefits watermelon offers and the important reasons why it deserves a place in your skin care routine.
Loaded with Vitamin A, B6, and C, watermelon is a truly blessed fruit and is one of the choicest picks for skin care. It offers the following benefits:
1. It gives you glowing skin
2. It nourishes your skin from within
3. It moisturises and hydrates your skin
4. It acts as a natural skin toner and a cleanser
5. It works as an anti-ageing agent
6. It prevents excess oil production in your skin
7. It treats dry skin
8. It removes tan
9. It gives you wrinkle-free skin and reduces fine lines
10. It treats acne and pimples
• 8-10 watermelon cubes
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp rosewater
• 1 tbsp freshly extracted aloe vera gel
• Few drops of essential oil - jojoba oil/ tea tree oil/ rosehip/ peppermint oil – any one
• 1 Vitamin E capsule / 1 tsp Vitamin E powder
- Take a bowl and squeeze out all the juice from the watermelon cubes.
Add honey to it and stir well.
- Next, add some rosewater and again mix well. As you add all the ingredients one by one, make sure that you keep stirring and mixing them with each other.
- Once you add the rosewater, take some freshly extracted aloe vera gel and mix it with the watermelon mixture.
- Next, crack open a Vitamin E capsule and pour its contents into the mixture or simply add some Vitamin E powder to the mixture and stir it well.
- Lastly, add a few drops of any one essential oil (as per availability) and blend all the ingredients into one watery mixture.
- Take a strainer and strain out the juice into an air-tight spray bottle and store it in a cool and dry place for future use.
- Wash your face with clean water and pat it dry with a tissue or a clean towel
Take a cotton ball and spray some watermelon cleanser on it.
- Apply the cleanser on your face using the cotton ball and massage in circular motion.
- Leave the cleanser to dry. Do not wash you face again after applying the cleanser and allow it to seep deep into your skin.